When to use it
Otrivin Oxy Fast relief is prescribed as a nasal decongestant when you have a blocked nose due to cold, making breathing difficult. It can also be used to relieve nasal congestion caused due to a sinus infection or allergic rhinitis.
Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride USP…..0.05% w/v in a buffered aqueous solution
Preservative: Benzalkonium Chloride I.P …..0.01% w/v
Otrivin Oxy nasal spray should not be used if:
- If the child is below 6 years of age
- You are allergic to oxymetazoline or any other ingredients of this medicine
- You have undergone recent trans-nasal surgery (brain surgery where the operation was carried out through the nose or mouth); or surgery exposing the dura mater
- You are suffering from narrow angle glaucoma (increased pressure in eyes)
- You have chronic nasal inflammation with very dry nasal passages (rhinitis sicca or atrophic rhinitis)
Check with your doctor before using Otrivin Oxy if:
- You suffer from high blood pressure, heart disease, overactive thyroid, prostate disease (prostatic hypertrophy), diabetes or phaeochromocytoma
- You are taking antidepressant medications
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
Like other products for the relief of blocked nose, this product may give rise to sleep disturbances, dizziness, tremor in very sensitive patients. Consult your doctor if such signs prove troublesome.
Like other nasal decongestants, this product should not be used for more than 10 consecutive days. If symptoms do not improve or worsen, consult a doctor. Prolonged or excessive use may cause stuffiness in the nose to return or worsen.
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical attention if you experience sudden severe headache.
Do not exceed the recommended dose. If you forget to use Otrivin Oxy, do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten one.
Do not use for more than 7 days or exceed the recommended dose.
Otrivin Oxy Fast Relief is a commonly available over-the-counter (OTC) product. When used in the recommended dose, it is usually not associated with serious side effects. However, like any other medicine, Otrivin Oxy Fast Relief may have some unwanted effects on some people. Mild side effects that may occur occasionally are local burning sensation, irritation or dryness of nasal mucosa, nausea and headache.
Other side effects which occur very rarely in some individuals are allergic reactions (skin rash/itching), blurred vision, irregular or fast heartbeats. In case you experience any of these allergic reactions, please stop using Otrivin Oxy Fast Relief and consult your doctor.
For more product related information check: Otrivin Oxy Fast Relief